Monday, February 1, 2010

Shirley's 30th Birthday Party

I'm planning a 30th birthday party for this Saturday, 2/6, at my friend, Shirley's condo in Playa Vista. I was really excited to be a part of her special celebration because I know Shirley will appreciate all the little details that I have in store for her. =)

The overall theme is Anthropologie meets W hotel with colors of gray and a blush pink. I love the contrast of the two colors and it can be done so elegantly. I know most people don't think gray is a color but I personally love it and with the pink it'll give it the right feminine touch.

The menu is going to be tapas (think Spanish cheeses, phyllo cups with shrimp and chorizo, skewers of melon balls with ham and empenadas of course) accompanied with wine and sangria. Dessert will be red velvet and chocolate with nutella filled mini cupcakes along with pink strawberry vanilla cake pops all made by of course the fabulous Amanda Prateepsin (soon to be Yuan!). I can't wait to just eat it all!!!


This JCrew dress is where she got her gray inspiration from.

I'm designing something on her dining room wall...here's just a sneak peak...
Those are gray metal filigree tiles in which I put pink paper behind it to achieve the pink and gray look we're going for. In the remaining empty squares I'll be placing 9 paper flowers in it. It's going to rock!

Paper flowers made out of tissue paper...so delish, no?!

We'll be using the paper flowers for other parts of the decor. But our real flowers will be peonies, hydrangeas and garden roses. All very lush and textured. It's going to be so pretty!

Remember these white cake stands from my NYE party? I covered them with pink tissue paper and a patterened clear paper from the craft store.

Looks like a whole new stand, doesn't it?

Daisy Wine Claim
I will be using these filigree wine claims in ivory. How sleek and beautiful will these be? It goes so well with the filigree tiles!

*Sorry if these pictures aren't the best, they were taken from my iPhone!*

Come back next week to see the final party!! Thanks for visiting

No comments:

Post a Comment