Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"Popped" the Question



My brother got engaged last weekend...on his birthday!!! It's about time!! They've been dating since she was 15 and he was 18, that's almost 10 years for them.

It was held at our house with close family (in the other room hiding). John and I made a "birthday" video but it was actually a video that was a preface to the actual proposal. I told them I had a birthday surprise and started playing the video. At first it was basic messages from family saying "happy birthday" and then just photos of the two of them. Eventually throughout the video it showed pictures and their song, that only John could possibly know about and have. By this time she's figuring it out and starting to ball, until of course John comes on the video at the very end saying a little message, "I know you thought this was a birthday surprise for me but it's actually from me, turn around." He got down on one knee and popped the question right then and there. By this time I had set up and turned on the video camera and left the room. Only they were in there, but little did she know we were all in the other room watching and listening! Needless to say she was VERY happy and VERY surprised. She definitely didn't see that one coming!

Anyhow, what I wanted to share other than that was the "congratulations" cake pops I had made for the intimate gathering. I had blue pops with white sprinkles made from Just A Bite that spelled out "congratulations". They were all assorted flavors and might I add very very delicious! To display it I had my florist make a very narrow box and put a bed of button mums in there. I love button mums and think they're just adorable. To finish it off, of course ribbon and a broach that I actually wore at my own wedding was tied on for a sweet touch.








No comments:

Post a Comment