Thursday, January 14, 2010

Utterly Engaged Tablescape Design Challenge

I will be entering the "Utterly Spanking New Year Party"  2010 wedding design challenge hosted by Utterly Engaged on Wednesday, 1/20, 7-10pm at the Astor Classic Event Center. What is this you may ask?  It's basically a design contest to display everyone's creativity and talent while networking and gaining more exposure at the same time. Oh and did I mention the winner gets the pot of money gathered in entry fees, so far that's about $800!  

So what are the rules? Utterly Engaged is asking for a modern tablescape with a twist. We are going to be judged on our centerpieces which must include elements other than just flowers {ie paper, fabric, industrial materials}, plus it all has to be within $150!  My angle is "Modern Vintage" with simple, clean and pretty look that implements icons such as birds, floral vines, birdcages, filigree all with a little bit of a rococco look. I will be including  a handmade paper garland, acrylic, mirrors and ceramic as parts of my centerpiece. My colors are very subdued with 1 pop of color. I will of course be adding table settings {flatware, glassware, chargers, plates}, lighting, a backdrop {yes! I know!}, favors, place cards, a dessert, the whole 9 yards.

I can't wait to see what everyone else has in store. There will be tons of eye candy. Guests will be allowed to vote on the best tablescape. If you'd like to come and support, you can sign up here.  http://utterlyspankinparty.eventbrite.com/.

Here are a few pictures just to wet your appetite! Check back after the contest to see the whole thing!  


Here is one table setting. Since this was taken, things have changed. But the blue plate with the birds and floral is where I got my inspiration from for this modern vintage theme. {don't mind the background}


Graphics that I will be using...it matches my plate so perfectly. =)


Bird cage favor boxes! Aren't they so adorable?!


Up close, so you can see the details.

I'll be using these candy dishes to display my bird nest dessert.

A birds nest that I found at Pottery Barn. Isn't it so perfect?! 


No comments:

Post a Comment