Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year's Eve Party!


  Our patio room that I transformed into our lounge area.

Welcome 2010! It is my first blog of the year and boy do I have some goodies to share with you all.  We threw a New Year's Eve party and have received so many raves and responses from it. I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for those who helped me {you know who you are}, listened to me talk about my party in the wee hours of the night and most of all my husband who had to endure all of my madness for the last few weeks. 

I have to say I debated a lot about what items to rent, what theme and decor to do and just visualized how it would all be. In the end I decided on a peacock theme emphasizing heavily on the shades of turquoise, a deep purple and fuchsias. The lighting and furniture was to round it all out and put a modern twist on something to make it glamourous. 

Here are some pictures and captions. Hope you all enjoy it! What a great way to start off 2010, right? 



Glow cubes, which can be an end table or act as seats! These things are stackable too {can I say cocktail table idea?}



I love a clean look with glamour and presence. I think this arrangement speaks perfectly of the look I was going for. 

Glow bar 

Here you can see where the colors really play out {sorry had to turn on the flash to get all the colors, so the beautiful soft lighting isn't there}.

Drink Table: Manzanita tree with hanging crystals, flowers and drink name tags for our guests


Drink tags up close


Lighting does wonders...


In case you're wondering what the base of the tree looks like!

Our twenty-ten-tinis. They aren't as innocent as they look, vodka, peach schnapps and blue curacao


Drink tags being used... 






Our spread consisted of all types of finger foods. From dates, to hummus to phyllo cups and of course your basics...cheese plate and veggies!

Centerpiece for our food table




Some of our food.....


Homemade hummus

My future sister in law, Amanda, made those...I can only take credit for the ribbon and sign!

Yum...


Amanda = sandwiches, Me = signs 

We had a dessert and candy station too. 




Amanda's famous Red Velvet Cupcakes

Peppermint marshmellows

Again,  Amanda made these nougats. I can only take credit for the signs and flags


Last but not least our beloved chocolate bon bons which we made, rolled and stenciled out of edible gold powder dust. Yes they were as good as they look! 



2 comments: