Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Chic Bridal Shower

My wedding planner and now friend, Mary Sushinski, inspired me to do a blog about my new venture - event planning and designing. This is my first official blog and I want to thank you all for taking the time to read it. 

This is a bridal shower that I did in November, 2008. This gal has a very "Hollywood" and glamorous personality.  She loves the arts, film festivals, plays, musicals, getting dressed up, going to a nice lounge to get a glass of wine, you know what I mean, the "Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte" in us. So the bridal party and I came up with a "Hollywood Premier" Theme.  Somewhere in between we went from there and ended up with a chic Black, White and Hot Pink Filagree, "Sex and the City" theme, which is perfect because she's such a huge fan of the show. The shower was in a home setting and we rearranged furniture, I even brought in a rug from my house. Here's how we put it together.  


We covered the couch with black fabric and bought pillows to go with the overall theme.

We redecorated her fireplace mantle by adding pillar and tealight candles, a picture frame of the two of them and a "LOVE" plaque. This ended up being the backdrop for pictures. 


The food table. That box is actually my CD box in which I lined with celophane and put wet floral foam and arranged hot pink roses. The candles were basic wax pillars that I covered with coordinating scrapbook papers and ribbons. 

Up close on the frame design and pillar candle detail.


The big box is my file box where we placed the favors in. Also we had a message board where guests were allowed to write wishes or advice for the bride. I added feathers and hot pink ribbons to cover the pens (in a vase in front of the memo board). We had a cute poem framed in a beautiful black frame that went with the theme. We used my paper file tray to hold the prizes for games. 


We rented cocktail tables and placed them around in the house. 


The bar area was covered with black fabric, candles and frames.  Signature martini and champagne drink names were framed in small circle frames. 


Seating area 

No comments:

Post a Comment